We’ve succeeded in our shared vision and mission to build a platform that ends unacceptable trade-offs and redefines security. And we’ve done it through expert execution and by following three primary guidelines.
First, to truly deliver a quantum leap in innovation, a company must first embrace it. From inception, we’ve run our business and built our product using the same emerging technologies and cloud principles, models and tools as our customers.
Second, to create the best technology and customer experience, our diverse human capital is our most important asset. Each member of our team, like each of our platform’s microservices, is selectively recruited to serve a vital leadership role aligned with their extensive and unique expertise.
Finally, like our product, the whole of our business including our team, its vision and culture, should be greater than the sum of its parts.
ShieldX works with many technology and business partners. If you are interested in learning more about our Partnerships, or would like to become a Partner, please contact us.
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Dr. Ratinder Paul Singh Ahuja
Founder and CEO
Ratinder leads ShieldX and its mission as its central pivot point, drawing from a career as a successful serial entrepreneur and corporate leader, bringing with him his unique blend of business acumen, industry network and deep technical knowledge.
His previous three founded startups, Internet Junction, Webstacks and Reconnex were acquired by Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks and McAfee, respectively, where he subsequently served as Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of the Mobile and Network Security Business Units. His knowledge of innovation and emerging trends in networking, network security and data loss prevention are derived from years of industry experience. Dr. Ahuja holds a BS in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from Thapar University, in India and a Masters and Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Iowa State University. Dr. Ahuja has been granted 37 patents for security-based technologies, and has presented in many public forums including the Content Protection Summit, IC3, IEEE Computer Society, McAfee FOCUS and the Cloud Expo.
Beyond his passion for technology and building new and exciting companies, Ratinder is a car enthusiast and a TaeKwonDo Master, with a 6th Degree Black Belt, practicing QiGong and weight training.
Harry (Harjinder) Singh
Founder and President
At ShieldX, Harry establishes and cultivates relationships with strategic investors, partners, and customers, creating the foundation necessary for the growth, financing and development of the company and its product’s market. He also oversees strategic customer engagements to ensure adoption and an excellent customer experience. He leads the early adoption program as well as the go-to-market & customer development aspects of the company. Harry brings an extensive network, a rich knowledge, and 23+ years of industry experience as a successful business leader to his role at ShieldX.
Harry started his career at IBM San Jose in 1992 & left shortly to start his entrepreneurial journey at the age of 23. He brings a strong entrepreneurial spirit and appreciation for service-oriented organizations not only as a career tech investor, but also as a founder of startups including Mobile Real Inc. and SVS, a privately held enterprise software services firm, where he led and provided strategic guidance for practices including IBM Global and SAP services. Harry operates as a charter member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), Silicon Valley Chapter.
With senses finely attuned to strategic opportunity, the art of negotiation and entrepreneurial development, his philosophy is often heard in his words, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Harry has a deep passion & love for start-up projects & business ventures. He is a world traveler who enjoys music, reading & spending time with his 3 kids.
Founder and CTO & SVP
Manuel serves as the engineering and architectural lead for the development of the ShieldX platform, and as its overall technical visionary. In his spare time, he leads the engineering organization, trailblazing inventive new approaches to its structure and processes.
Manuel brings a rich background in the security industry and a thorough understanding of the challenges facing CSOs. Throughout his career, Manuel has worked with market leaders including Network Associates, McAfee and Intel Corporation. He served as a founding member of the McAfee Principal Architects Forum, and as the Principal Architect for McAfee’s Network Security Platform, inventing core technologies of the first 10 Gbps deep packet inspection appliance in the industry. He was recruited to lead as CTO of the Software Defined Datacenter Security group, serving as a corporate liaison, defining the corporate vision, and building an engineering organization that introduced Intel’s Open Security Controller to the general market.
In collaboration with other great minds, Manuel also holds over 10 patents, has authored technical papers and has served as a guest lecturer and speaker at events such as Intel IDF and VMworld. He studied at Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, where he received a Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Manuel is an avid technologist at work and at play, where he enjoys sharing science, invention and bicycling with his family.
VP of HR & Business Operations
Lovely leads the charge of creating and maintaining a robust, productive, and talented organization while also implementing world class business processes within an exceptionally agile and diverse company.
As an experienced entrepreneur and leader in start-up and pre-IPO companies, she is ideally suited to position ShieldX for success. She began her journey into the security industry as the first Director of HR at FireEye Inc., She joined in early 2007 as employee #20. Through her efforts to lead the HR team in talent acquisition and retention, Lovely helped build a strong runway for FireEye to successfully IPO in late 2013. Lovely possesses a Bachelor of Science Degree from San Jose State University in Hospitality & Business Management.
Her dynamic and fearless career began at the early age of 14 as a TV host in India, inspiring young children to realize and achieve their dreams. Upon moving to the U.S, she successfully owned and operated multiple restaurants, encompassing roles from sales and marketing to supply chain management and accounting. She started another business as an HR consultant to multiple start-ups and helped them successfully transform into impactful companies.
In addition to her interest in entrepreneurialism, people, processes, and organizational development, Lovely is a committed philanthropist who cares deeply about girls’ education in the developing world as well as equality & empowerment for women.
VP of Field Engineering
Marcela runs the ShieldX Field Engineering team, helping customers understand the need and value of cloud security through the Elastic Security Platform. She drives technical discussions and manages customer initiatives ensuring customers are happy.
Marcela began her career in the United States Navy, where she served performing sensitive work as a Cyber Analyst for the National Security Agency (NSA), and quickly demonstrated a natural capacity to become an Instructor and Leader in the areas of Cyber Intelligence, Network Defense, Intrusion Analysis and Incident Reporting. Her government work also includes time spent with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Department of Defense (DoD).
Upon completion of her assignment, Marcela moved on to act as a consultant expert in her field; providing leadership and guidance to government and commercial executives internationally to drive cyber security strategy before taking on her current role today.
Marcela has an MBA in International Business and spends her spare time driving efforts to support and mentor minorities in cyber security.
VP of Marketing
Rob is a 20 plus year cyber security veteran and manages ShieldX’s overall marketing effort. Prior to ShieldX, Rob had a successful consulting career helping small security startups with marketing. Nearly every one of Rob’s clients were acquired or went public. Prior to consulting, Rob managed marketing at RedOwl (acquired by Forcepoint). Before RedOwl, Rob managed communications at FireEye, expanding its threat research footprint as well as the company’s 2013 IPO. Before FireEye, Rob was head of security strategy at Imperva, managing communications, threat research as well as the PR effort for Imperva’s 2011 IPO. Before Imperva, Rob then ran product marketing and communications for Fortify Software (acquired by HP), managing its move from a single product to an application security suite. Before Fortify, Rob managed all marketing at Coverity (acquired by Synopsis), helping the code review startup’s rapid growth in awareness, including the Coverity’s open source code review effort, Coverity Scan. In addition, Rob worked in Asia and the United States for CommerceOne. Rob began his Silicon Valley career at Intel, helping to modernize the chipmaker’s vast supply chain from EDR to new, internet-based technology. Rob is a graduate of UC Berkeley.
Dr. Ratinder Paul Singh Ahuja
Founder & CEO, ShieldX
Ratinder leads ShieldX and its mission as its central pivot point. His previous three founded startups, Internet Junction, Webstacks and Reconnex were acquired by Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks and McAfee, respectively. + READ FULL BIO
Group Executive – Security, Dimension Data
Matthew was appointed Group Executive – Security in 2012. Prior to this, he was Group General Manager, Security Solutions for a year. Matthew joined Dimension Data in 2005 as Security Manager for Dimension Data in Asia. He then became General Manager, Network Integration and Performance Optimisation. + READ FULL BIO
Former President and Chief Operating Officer, Symantec
Fey brings strong enterprise software and cloud leadership and expertise to ShieldX. Recently, Mike was named the CEO of Mesosphere, a multi-cloud automation company. Previously, he served as president and COO at Symantec. Prior to joining Symantec, he served as president and COO of Blue Coat, leading product and go-to-market functions. While at Blue Coat, Fey led the company to aggressive growth, resulting in its acquisition by Symantec in 2016 for $4.65 billion. Fey has also been executive vice president and general manager for enterprise products at McAfee and chief technology officer of Intel Security, where he drove the company’s long-term strategic vision and innovation in the enterprise network, endpoint and analytics security segments by focusing on high-growth market opportunities and field execution. + READ FULL BIO
Co-founder and Managing Partner, Aspect Ventures
Theresia co-founded Aspect Ventures, where she has led the firm’s early investments in Cato Networks, Exabeam, ForeScout (FSCT), The Muse, Deserve, BirchBox, and BaubleBar. Prior to Aspect, Theresia was a Partner at Accel where she championed many successful companies through IPOs or acquisitions: Imperva (IMPV), Trulia (TRLA), LearnVest (Northwestern Mutual), Jasper Design (CDNS), Kosmix (WMT). Theresia has been named to Forbes’ Midas List six times, most recently in 2017. + READ FULL BIO
CEO & Executive Chairman, SkyElectric
Ashar Aziz is the Founder, Executive Chairman & CEO of SkyElectric Inc. Previously, Ashar founded FireEye, Inc., (NASDAQ:FEYE), was its CEO until November 2012, and also served as its Board Vice Chairman, CFO and CTO. + READ FULL BIO
Operating Partner, Bain Capital Ventures
Jeff joined Bain Capital Ventures in 2016 as an Operating Partner in the Bay Area, where he focuses on infrastructure software and security. He has more than 25 years of operating experience helping early-stage enterprise software companies to scale and grow into market leaders. + READ FULL BIO
Partner, Aspect Ventures
At Aspect Ventures, Lauren has led or co-led Aspect’s investments in Chime, the Muse, SelfScore, Mode.ai, Hobnob, Troops, Gusto and TalkIQ, among others. Previously, Lauren worked in product marketing at Google. Lauren began her career in clean technology partnership development for the Clinton Foundation in India. She is a Brown University trustee emerita and a Forbes 30 Under 30 for Venture Capital recipient in 2016. + READ FULL BIO
“Ken Schneider leads Symantec Ventures where he is Vice President, Fellow with a focus on driving innovation. He was previously Chief Technology Officer of the Enterprise Security Group responsible for technology architecture, integration, business development, and business operations.
Prior to Symantec, Schneider served as CTO and VP Operations at Brightmail, the leading anti-spam company acquired by Symantec. Schneider also founded South Beach Software, a software and consulting company developing professional video products.
As an investor at Bain Capital Ventures, Stefan Cohen focuses on B2B enterprise software investments. Prior to Bain Capital Ventures, Stefan built Turbonomic’s Strategy and Operations team. His team was responsible for cross-functional go-to-market strategy, process design and operational improvement. Stefan spent his last year at Turbonomic leading their expansion into EMEA. Before joining Turbonomic, Stefan was a Senior Consultant on IBM’s internal corporate strategy team. The team advised IBM’s business units on growth strategy and operational improvement projects.
Stefan graduated from Clark University with a degree in economics. He lives in San Francisco and enjoys escaping the city for outdoor adventures.
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for high-energy self-motivated pre-sales engineers in the Silicon Valley area. Qualified candidates must have 5+ yrs experience in software presales, a minimum of a Bachelors degree, and experience in cyber security and/or enterprise hybrid cloud disciplines.
The Pre-Sales Solution Engineer (SE) is an integral part of the sales team supporting the presentation and demonstration of the ShieldX solution and ultimately responsible for securing the “technical win” through successful proof of value (PoV) engagement. The SE collaborates with our sales and partner ecosystem, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Work closely with the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Work with customers to discover and gather technical and business requirements
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to prioritize and fulfill customer requirements
- Provide compelling customer demos and proof of value engagements
- Assist sales in technical components of proposals and RFP responses
- Technical enablement for our partners and customers
- Skill and confidence in leading discussions with both technical and executive level audiences
- A strong self-starter attitude and determination to win
- Solid teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel where and when needed within your territory, up to 50% on average
It Is Also a Real Plus If You Have:
- Experience with network security technologies such as NGFW and IDS/IPS
- Demonstrable experience with modern compute infrastructures such as VMware, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack, etc.
- Docker container and DevOps knowledge, API scripting, Python SDK would be a ++
- Knowledge of compliance standards (e.g., PCI, FISMA, SOX, NERC)
Minimum 4+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in modeling, designing, and implementing backend applications with core Java language is a must
- Scripting knowledge using Bash, Maven, Python automation
- Proven track record working on Automation Algorithms, Multithreading, Troubleshooting, fault-tolerance and performance
- Open Source technologies and tools like JSON/Jackson, Hibernate, Guava, JUNIT, Kafka, Zookeeper, Databases (SQL, NoSQL), Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, VCS (GIT)
- Architecture and design tools like UML is nice to have
- Cloud Computing concepts in one or more clouds Vmware/AWS/Azure/Openstack. Usage of SDKs is great plus
- Networking concepts, EMS and Security
- Micro-Services distributed architecture is a plus
- Proactive, detailed-oriented, curious aptitude
- Innovative, efficient, multi-tasking, prioritization
- Good communication skills
- Team player
We are looking for a talented UI Developer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into intuitive and functional user interfaces. This position will be 75% front and 25% backend; starting exclusively with front end initially.
- UI design and development of new features
- UI maintenance
- Will be expected to do backend development in order to implement full stack of the feature
- 2 years experience in UI front end framework : bootstrap, ng-materials
- 2 years experience in UI design using CSS
A platform engineer creates headless, reusable systems that others build apps on. There is more emphasis on systems programming, scalability and reliability, and API design; less emphasis on business logic, UI/UX design, and end-user features.
Design, develop, and implement LINUX based platforms for ShieldX’s security appliances for deployment in a virtualization environments.
- Linux administration
- Experience in deploying and automating tasks in LINUX
- Experience in LINUX a variety of scripting languages (bash and python required)
- Experience with make systems
- Experience with Debian packaging
- Experience in building self-administrating system
- Experience with VMWare, and LINUX containers a plus
- Experience with FIPS certification a plus
- Knowledge of secure communications
Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining development and production systems. Leverage configuration management to implement and maintain infrastructure, designing and executing on the end to end monitoring and constantly reviewing current implementation against future needs.
- Working in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Taking an active role in developing the long- rang technical infrastructure and architecture plans
- Strong communication skills to bridges the gap between development teams and system operations (DevOps)
- Develop and build high quality DevOps and ProductionOps tools
- Ability and willingness to learn and propose new development/deployment workflows
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools, particularly Jenkins
- Experience working with the git version control systems
- Ability to automate operations tasks and provide self-service
- Linux and administration, particularly Ubuntu
- Experience setting up basic networking iptables, DNS, DHCP, PXE, Apache a plus
- Experience with setting up and maintaining centralized logging and monitoring frameworks such as Graylog, ELK stack, or Splunk
- Experience working with Docker (Engine, Compose, Swarm, Networks, Storage, Images, etc.) and Kubernetes
- Extensive Linux command line knowledge experience with ssh-agent, Git, tar, wget, yum/apt, and curl.
- Experience working with virtualization technology. (VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in Development Operations or Production Operations
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) Computer Science or related field
As the Director of Product Management, you will guide a cross-functional team that is charged with developing and sustaining a product line. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the engineering team to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won’t be supporting their tactical tasks.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Engineering and Marketing) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- 5 to 7 years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in cloud, virtualization and security technology.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites (up to 25%).
RSA Conference 2018, just selected ShieldX as a top-ten finalist for their Innovation Sandbox. Our team is working together on its fifth successful startup. We have learned the value of and made significant investments in, top-notch user experience design for our cloud security products.
We need an artist with a great eye for detail to work closely with our UX and Product Managers to refine and standardize our user experience.
Do you like to:
- Design tools for workers who take on serious responsibilities?
- Review early stage software products for inconsistencies?
- Derive consistent and efficient interaction and visual styles?
- Create refined prototypes in the design tool of your choice?
- Document your approved design recommendations in detailed style guides?
- Work with experienced professionals to implement your enterprise web tool designs?
As companies expand their operations from private data centers to public clouds, they increase the demand for high-productivity tools that will keep their data safe. There are not enough trained security professionals to keep up with the growing demand. Security software tools must be smarter, automate many previously manual tasks, and make the user experience as efficient and error proof as possible. Enterprise software designs must incorporate many lessons learned from consumer product design.
This is where your eye for detail and modern design patterns will be invaluable to our customers.
Do you have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional enterprise and consumer UX design?
- A thirst and demonstrated ability to meet design challenges beyond selling to consumers?
- Ability to learn and work in a technical environment?
- A portfolio that demonstrates your aesthetic skills and efficient workflow designs?
- Expert skill with a design tool like: Axure, InVision, DreamWearver, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.?
- A desire to keep us all safe as our dependency on networked computing grows?
As a contractor, you will partner with our UX Manager to make our cutting-edge technology accessible to over-worked users. We will train up your skills in this specialized and highly in-demand area of enterprise tool design. We will partner on initial designs. ShieldX will depend on you for objective reviews and refinements. You will “keep us honest” by steering us away from overly complex technical solutions and toward simple, visually pleasing, user-centered designs.
Working near San Jose Airport, we will keep you fed and happy. We are a team committed to making the online world a safer place, as we enjoy close, professional working relationships, and the satisfaction of pioneering an unprecedented level of cloud computing security.
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for a Senior Staff Engineer for our threat platform development team. Your work will primarily involve working on the ShieldX Elastic Security Platform multi-cloud network security platform.
- Design and development of protocol parsers for detecting application (web, email, p2p, chat) and threats on the network.
- Developing optimized regular expression patterns for detecting applications and threats on the network.
- Improving the performance of the product by enhancing existing regular expression patterns and protocol parsing enhancement.
- Vulnerability and threat detection research.
- Developing new application and threat detection rules by processing third party intelligence feeds.
- Coordinate with other members of the team to automate several aspects of the development process previously done manually.
- Coordinate the testing and benchmarking of product performance.
- Coordinate the build process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of code versioning tools to maintain code and software versions.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Proficiency with C, C++, Python programming languages.
- Experience in git, regex, wireshark, ixia breaking point, Metasploit.
- BSCS/CE or equivalent technical degree required.