We’ve succeeded in our shared vision and mission to build a platform that ends unacceptable trade-offs and redefines security. And we’ve done it through expert execution and by following three primary guidelines.
First, to truly deliver a quantum leap in innovation, a company must first embrace it. From inception, we’ve run our business and built our product using the same emerging technologies and cloud principles, models and tools as our customers.
Second, to create the best technology and customer experience, our diverse human capital is our most important asset. Each member of our team, like each of our platform’s microservices, is selectively recruited to serve a vital leadership role aligned with their extensive and unique expertise.
Finally, like our product, the whole of our business including our team, its vision and culture, should be greater than the sum of its parts.
ShieldX works with many technology and business partners. If you are interested in learning more about our Partnerships, or would like to become a Partner, please contact us.
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Dr. Ratinder Paul Singh Ahuja
Founder and CEO
Ratinder leads ShieldX and its mission as its central pivot point, drawing from a career as a successful serial entrepreneur and corporate leader, bringing with him his unique blend of business acumen, industry network and deep technical knowledge.
His previous three founded startups, Internet Junction, Webstacks and Reconnex were acquired by Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks and McAfee, respectively, where he subsequently served as Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of the Mobile and Network Security Business Units. His knowledge of innovation and emerging trends in networking, network security and data loss prevention are derived from years of industry experience. Dr. Ahuja holds a BS in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from Thapar University, in India and a Masters and Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Iowa State University. Dr. Ahuja has been granted 37 patents for security-based technologies, and has presented in many public forums including the Content Protection Summit, IC3, IEEE Computer Society, McAfee FOCUS and the Cloud Expo.
Beyond his passion for technology and building new and exciting companies, Ratinder is a car enthusiast and a TaeKwonDo Master, with a 6th Degree Black Belt, practicing QiGong and weight training.
Harry (Harjinder) Singh
Founder and President
At ShieldX, Harry establishes and cultivates relationships with strategic investors, partners, and customers, creating the foundation necessary for the growth, financing and development of the company and its product’s market. He also oversees strategic customer engagements to ensure adoption and an excellent customer experience. He leads the early adoption program as well as the go-to-market & customer development aspects of the company. Harry brings an extensive network, a rich knowledge, and 23+ years of industry experience as a successful business leader to his role at ShieldX.
Harry started his career at IBM San Jose in 1992 & left shortly to start his entrepreneurial journey at the age of 23. He brings a strong entrepreneurial spirit and appreciation for service-oriented organizations not only as a career tech investor, but also as a founder of startups including Mobile Real Inc. and SVS, a privately held enterprise software services firm, where he led and provided strategic guidance for practices including IBM Global and SAP services. Harry operates as a charter member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), Silicon Valley Chapter.
With senses finely attuned to strategic opportunity, the art of negotiation and entrepreneurial development, his philosophy is often heard in his words, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Harry has a deep passion & love for start-up projects & business ventures. He is a world traveler who enjoys music, reading & spending time with his 3 kids.
Founder and CTO & SVP
Manuel serves as the engineering and architectural lead for the development of the ShieldX platform, and as its overall technical visionary. In his spare time, he leads the engineering organization, trailblazing inventive new approaches to its structure and processes.
Manuel brings a rich background in the security industry and a thorough understanding of the challenges facing CSOs. Throughout his career, Manuel has worked with market leaders including Network Associates, McAfee and Intel Corporation. He served as a founding member of the McAfee Principal Architects Forum, and as the Principal Architect for McAfee’s Network Security Platform, inventing core technologies of the first 10 Gbps deep packet inspection appliance in the industry. He was recruited to lead as CTO of the Software Defined Datacenter Security group, serving as a corporate liaison, defining the corporate vision, and building an engineering organization that introduced Intel’s Open Security Controller to the general market.
In collaboration with other great minds, Manuel also holds over 10 patents, has authored technical papers and has served as a guest lecturer and speaker at events such as Intel IDF and VMworld. He studied at Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, where he received a Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Manuel is an avid technologist at work and at play, where he enjoys sharing science, invention and bicycling with his family.
VP of HR & Business Operations
Lovely leads the charge of creating and maintaining a robust, productive, and talented organization while also implementing world class business processes within an exceptionally agile and diverse company.
As an experienced entrepreneur and leader in start-up and pre-IPO companies, she is ideally suited to position ShieldX for success. She began her journey into the security industry as the first Director of HR at FireEye Inc., She joined in early 2007 as employee #20. Through her efforts to lead the HR team in talent acquisition and retention, Lovely helped build a strong runway for FireEye to successfully IPO in late 2013. Lovely possesses a Bachelor of Science Degree from San Jose State University in Hospitality & Business Management.
Her dynamic and fearless career began at the early age of 14 as a TV host in India, inspiring young children to realize and achieve their dreams. Upon moving to the U.S, she successfully owned and operated multiple restaurants, encompassing roles from sales and marketing to supply chain management and accounting. She started another business as an HR consultant to multiple start-ups and helped them successfully transform into impactful companies.
In addition to her interest in entrepreneurialism, people, processes, and organizational development, Lovely is a committed philanthropist who cares deeply about girls’ education in the developing world as well as equality & empowerment for women.
VP of Marketing
Rob is a 20 plus year cyber security veteran and manages ShieldX’s overall marketing effort. Prior to ShieldX, Rob had a successful consulting career helping small security startups with marketing. Nearly every one of Rob’s clients were acquired or went public. Prior to consulting, Rob managed marketing at RedOwl (acquired by Forcepoint). Before RedOwl, Rob managed communications at FireEye, expanding its threat research footprint as well as the company’s 2013 IPO. Before FireEye, Rob was head of security strategy at Imperva, managing communications, threat research as well as the PR effort for Imperva’s 2011 IPO. Before Imperva, Rob then ran product marketing and communications for Fortify Software (acquired by HP), managing its move from a single product to an application security suite. Before Fortify, Rob managed all marketing at Coverity (acquired by Synopsis), helping the code review startup’s rapid growth in awareness, including the Coverity’s open source code review effort, Coverity Scan. In addition, Rob worked in Asia and the United States for CommerceOne. Rob began his Silicon Valley career at Intel, helping to modernize the chipmaker’s vast supply chain from EDR to new, internet-based technology. Rob is a graduate of UC Berkeley.
Dr. Ratinder Paul Singh Ahuja
Founder & CEO, ShieldX
Ratinder leads ShieldX and its mission as its central pivot point. His previous three founded startups, Internet Junction, Webstacks and Reconnex were acquired by Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks and McAfee, respectively. + READ FULL BIO
Former President and Chief Operating Officer, Symantec
Fey brings strong enterprise software and cloud leadership and expertise to ShieldX. Recently, Mike was named the CEO of Mesosphere, a multi-cloud automation company. Previously, he served as president and COO at Symantec. Prior to joining Symantec, he served as president and COO of Blue Coat, leading product and go-to-market functions. While at Blue Coat, Fey led the company to aggressive growth, resulting in its acquisition by Symantec in 2016 for $4.65 billion. Fey has also been executive vice president and general manager for enterprise products at McAfee and chief technology officer of Intel Security, where he drove the company’s long-term strategic vision and innovation in the enterprise network, endpoint and analytics security segments by focusing on high-growth market opportunities and field execution. + READ FULL BIO
Group Executive – Security, Dimension Data
Matthew was appointed Group Executive – Security in 2012. Prior to this, he was Group General Manager, Security Solutions for a year. Matthew joined Dimension Data in 2005 as Security Manager for Dimension Data in Asia. He then became General Manager, Network Integration and Performance Optimisation. + READ FULL BIO
Co-founder and Managing Partner, Aspect Ventures
Theresia co-founded Aspect Ventures, where she has led the firm’s early investments in Cato Networks, Exabeam, ForeScout (FSCT), The Muse, Deserve, BirchBox, and BaubleBar. Prior to Aspect, Theresia was a Partner at Accel where she championed many successful companies through IPOs or acquisitions: Imperva (IMPV), Trulia (TRLA), LearnVest (Northwestern Mutual), Jasper Design (CDNS), Kosmix (WMT). Theresia has been named to Forbes’ Midas List six times, most recently in 2017. + READ FULL BIO
CEO & Executive Chairman, SkyElectric
Ashar Aziz is the Founder, Executive Chairman & CEO of SkyElectric Inc. Previously, Ashar founded FireEye, Inc., (NASDAQ:FEYE), was its CEO until November 2012, and also served as its Board Vice Chairman, CFO and CTO. + READ FULL BIO
BOARD ADVISOR & INVESTOR
Former President of Palo Alto Networks
Mark Anderson joins ShieldX as an Investor and Board Advisor bringing strong expertise across all aspects of our go to market traction. Anderson is a seasoned executive in Silicon Valley with a proven track record of building and scaling organizations for long term, sustained growth. While president of Palo Alto Networks thru October, 2018, Anderson helped grow the company from pre-IPO to one of the leaders in enterprise security.
Prior to Palo Alto Networks Mark was EVP of worldwide sales at F5 Networks where he oversaw a 1,000-person sales team and played a key role in growing F5’s annual revenue to more than $1B.Prior to that, Mark held leadership positions at Lucent Technologies and Cisco Systems.
Mark Currently sits on the Alteryx Board of Directors (NYSE: AYX). He is also an investor and Executive Chairman at Avi Networks. Since 2017, Mark has been a proud member of the Board of the Boys and Girls Club of Silicon Valley.
Mark holds a B.A. in business and economics from York University in Toronto.
Head of Symantec Ventures
“Ken Schneider is Head of Symantec Ventures with a focus on driving innovation. He was previously Chief Technology Officer of the Enterprise Security Group responsible for technology architecture, integration, business development, and business operations.
Prior to Symantec, Schneider served as CTO and VP Operations at Brightmail, the leading anti-spam company acquired by Symantec. Schneider also founded South Beach Software, a software and consulting company developing professional video products.
Operating Partner, Bain Capital Ventures
Jeff joined Bain Capital Ventures in 2016 as an Operating Partner in the Bay Area, where he focuses on infrastructure software and security. He has more than 25 years of operating experience helping early-stage enterprise software companies to scale and grow into market leaders. + READ FULL BIO
Partner, Aspect Ventures
At Aspect Ventures, Lauren has led or co-led Aspect’s investments in Chime, the Muse, SelfScore, Mode.ai, Hobnob, Troops, Gusto and TalkIQ, among others. Previously, Lauren worked in product marketing at Google. Lauren began her career in clean technology partnership development for the Clinton Foundation in India. She is a Brown University trustee emerita and a Forbes 30 Under 30 for Venture Capital recipient in 2016. + READ FULL BIO
VP, Business Development
Stefan Cohen is Vice President of Business Development at ShieldX. Prior to his current role, Stefan built Turbonomic’s Strategy and Operations team. His team was responsible for cross-functional go-to-market strategy, process design and operational improvement. Stefan spent his last year at Turbonomic leading their expansion into EMEA. Before joining Turbonomic, Stefan was a Senior Consultant on IBM’s internal corporate strategy team. The team advised IBM’s business units on growth strategy and operational improvement projects.
Stefan graduated from Clark University with a degree in economics. He lives in San Francisco and enjoys escaping the city for outdoor adventures.
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for a Staff Engineer for our platform team. You will be working on ShieldX Elastic Security Platform, the industry pioneer in containerized, microservices based platform for agentless, multi-cloud network security.
- Architect, Design, Develop and Implement high quality software modules for ShieldX Elastic Security Platform.
- Provide significant contributions to develop containerized microservices that can scale up and scale down based on customer network traffic levels and build state-of-art network Security Controls for Multi Cloud environments that include VMWare, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud platform.
- Follow Industry standards closely for SSL network protocols and keep the SSL inspection microservice up to date.
- Do competitive analysis of multi cloud security vendors to understand and implement cloud security and data protection practices in the areas of Firewall, IPS, URL/domain filtering, Protocol vulnerability mitigation, machine learning based lateral threat movement detection, advanced threat mitigation.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Usability and other internal functional groups to understand the product requirements and customer security needs, build proof of concept to demonstrate new product features.
- work closely with Quality Engineering, sustenance and customer support teams to plan, test, support and deploy ShieldX Elastic Security Platform solution for complex private, public and hybrid cloud environments in order to meet service level agreements (SLAs) that address the security gaps/needs of customers.
- Follow ShieldX coding guidelines along with use of static code analysis tools and unit test framework to ensure quality of code. Maintain code integrity, organization and build optimal tradeoffs between usability and performance.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- BSCS/CE or equivalent technical degree required.
- Experience with Cloud platforms: VMWare, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google cloud Technology: C, C++, Python, Intel DPDK, Intel crypto acceleration framework, Public Key cryptography, RSA/Diffie-Hellman/Elliptic-curve mechanisms, Highspeed symmetric key based encryption/decryption, AEAD encryption/decryption concepts, PKCS signature validation concepts, Docker, Apache Kafka, KV Stores – Aerospike, Linux Shell scripting, OpenSSL framework, Linux system calls, Linux Kernel drivers, Google boringSSL framework, NginX/Apache webservers, HTTP protocol, CVE publications
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for an Architect for our cloud platform team. Your work will primarily involve working on the ShieldX Elastic Security Platform multi-cloud network security platform.
Sr. Software Engineer at ShieldX plays a critical role in Quality Engineering for the company’s Elastic Security Platform.
- Responsible for developing and designing test strategies, test plans, detailed test scenarios and cases, as well as automation for the product’s UI and API testing. All of this while keeping quality, scalability, usability, and performance of the product as key factors.
- Conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements.
- Draft, revise and approve test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy.
- Create test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
- Responsible to work with the product development, and off-shore support teams to ensure delivery of high-quality product releases.
- Coordinate with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing.
- Ensure that system tests are successfully completed and documented, and all problems are resolved.
- Work on customer facing duties for deploying the product in customer production environments, assisting the customers with product usage and upgrades, and regular monitoring of the product performance at customer sites.
- Engage in troubleshooting issues with the product at customer sites, and replicating the issues internally in ShieldX’s development lab. Application of virtualization technology to build test environments.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- BSCS/CE or equivalent technical degree required.
- Experience with Linux, VMware vcenter server application, VMware vsphere client, Testrail, Putty, JIRA, Confluence, Python, Jenkins, DBweaver, REST APIs, Microsoft AZURE, AWS, Wireshark, NMAP, Agile Development Methodology.
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for high-energy self-motivated pre-sales engineers in the Silicon Valley area. Qualified candidates must have 5+ yrs experience in software presales, a minimum of a Bachelors degree, and experience in cyber security and/or enterprise hybrid cloud disciplines.
The Pre-Sales Solution Engineer (SE) is an integral part of the sales team supporting the presentation and demonstration of the ShieldX solution and ultimately responsible for securing the “technical win” through successful proof of value (PoV) engagement. The SE collaborates with our sales and partner ecosystem, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Work closely with the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Work with customers to discover and gather technical and business requirements
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to prioritize and fulfill customer requirements
- Provide compelling customer demos and proof of value engagements
- Assist sales in technical components of proposals and RFP responses
- Technical enablement for our partners and customers
- Skill and confidence in leading discussions with both technical and executive level audiences
- A strong self-starter attitude and determination to win
- Solid teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel where and when needed within your territory, up to 50% on average
It Is Also a Real Plus If You Have:
- Experience with network security technologies such as NGFW and IDS/IPS
- Demonstrable experience with modern compute infrastructures such as VMware, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack, etc.
- Docker container and DevOps knowledge, API scripting, Python SDK would be a ++
- Knowledge of compliance standards (e.g., PCI, FISMA, SOX, NERC)
We are looking for a talented UI Developer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into intuitive and functional user interfaces. This position will be 75% front and 25% backend; starting exclusively with front end initially.
- UI design and development of new features
- UI maintenance
- Will be expected to do backend development in order to implement full stack of the feature
- 2 years experience in UI front end framework : bootstrap, ng-materials
- 2 years experience in UI design using CSS
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for a motivated Field Sales Representative to attract new clients, win accounts, and maximize profitability within their sales territory. Candidates will work prospects through the entire sales cycle, including developing new leads, educating prospects, and turning interested shoppers into long-term customers. Successful candidates will be a dynamic sales professional, with a self-starter attitude and a passion for selling technology.
- Identifies, tracks, and pursues available business at assigned account base and/or assigned geographic territory to meet or exceed monthly sales objectives
- Understanding the specific needs of each client and be able to relay the ShieldX value proposition so that it resonates with each prospective client
- Display or demonstrate products and/or services using appropriate sales and marketing collateral and delivering presentations to clients on how ShieldX operates and what they can expect
- Contact cold and warm prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in person contacts to obtain appointments for sales meetings, prepare presentations and proposals
- Travels to accounts in territory to meet with current and prospective accounts to present or reinforce ShieldX’s value proposition in an effort to identify and close business opportunities
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service through follow up contact and consultation after the sale to protect and grow market share in
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all necessary departments to ensure sales are generated and are processed efficiently to achieve customer satisfaction
- Directly solicits customer service feedback and, if necessary, assists in the coordination of resolution to any problems or issues
- Manage all internal and external resources necessary to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Attends select trade shows as required
- Ideally 5+ years of overall sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Drive to work in an exceptionally fast-growing start-up with a proven track record in closing business
- Established knowledge and understanding of the interfaces and interrelationships between sales, marketing and business development
- Demonstrated competitive intelligence with a solid foundation in sales and market best practice including the ability to quickly assess and gather information and deliver results within a very short timeframe
- Solid business communication skills, particularly facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation and self-discipline
ShieldX is a fast-growing, innovative startup in the multi-cloud security platform space and is looking for high-performing Sales Director who will have a major impact on sales performance by driving growth across all product categories and channels. You will be responsible for direct and indirect sales in the regions and will work closely with our Engineering and Marketing teams.
As our Sales Director, you work as an individual contributor. You’re an inspiring thought leader with both high level strategic vision and the tactical execution to deliver. You will have the opportunity to direct and drive new business, build customer loyalty, ensure high product renewal rates and support and promote corporate strategies and initiatives. The ideal candidate will effectively balance day to day tactical challenges with building long term strategic plans to achieve smart organizational growth.
- Responsible for managing your territory to deliver above quota sales performance
- Collaborate with other departments to create a unified message and customer experience
- Collaborate with Sales team as well as other key leaders to identify strategies to achieve sales goals and uncover new, high value opportunities
- Help to hire, train, motivate and hold accountable the sales organization and support them in achieving their targets.
- Participate marketing activity such as trade show to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of the competition, identify new market and customer opportunities, and evaluate the success and perception of ShieldX products
- Extensive domestic travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment with a constantly evolving landscape
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to large enterprises
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both internally and externally
- Polished and professional presence with the ability to “control the room” with C level customer executives
- Self-motivated, requiring little day to day management, but embraces strong reporting and sales rigor
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and trust with customers and to build influential relationships with partners in the business
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles, with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Strong sales process and methodology around territory planning, assessment and resource allocation.
- Creativity in solving complex customer business challenges
- Capable of prioritizing the most critical initiatives with a relentless drive to execute
- Well networked to attract top-performing professionals into the selling organization
- Proven track record of building and leading successful sales teams using strong leadership, planning, execution, peoplemanagement and coaching skills.
- Candidate should have lead early stage sales at an enterprise Cyber-Security startup
- Should have experience closing $1M+ sales deals at Global 2000 companies
- Should have US national scale sales management experience, and strong global sales management skills
- Should have consistently met or beaten annual sales targets in prior assignment
- Should have experience selling an emerging product category vs established product categories
- Should have experience in selling to and managing the C-suite of buyers, including CIO and CISO