Industry’s Only Microservices-based Security Platform Meets Advanced Security and Micro-segmentation Demands of Multi-Cloud World
Gartner Data Center Conference, NV, December 6, 2017—ShieldX Networks (ShieldX) today announced its APEIRO cloud security platform now offers new advanced micro-segmentation capabilities and supports Microsoft Azure in addition to VMware, OpenStack and Amazon Web Services (AWS). APEIRO is the only microservices-based security solution in the world that offers IT organizations fully automated and on-demand enterprise-grade security across multiple environments from a single console at cloud-principled cost.
“Many of our customers need advanced security and micro-segmentation support for multiple cloud environments,” said Dr. Ratinder Ahuja, CEO at ShieldX. “Since our inception, we have engaged our customers to ensure our product roadmap fits the technology and business requirements of the market. With these updates, APEIRO is well positioned to address the strong and growing market need for comprehensive security that can effectively deploy and scale within today’s modern, automated and orchestrated data center and cloud environments.”
Key APEIRO Updates
- Multi-Cloud Support: APEIRO cloud security platform now supports Microsoft Azure in addition to VMware, OpenStack and Amazon Web Services (AWS) from a single console at cloud-principled cost.
- Modern Architecture: The US Patent Office granted ShieldX its foundational APEIRO innovation patent (No. 9,716,617), which covers the use of a microservices-based architecture to deliver true software-defined security that orchestrates and elastically scales across commodity infrastructure and public cloud services.
- Real-time Threat Detection: New threat vectors, which include network worms like NotPetya, succeed by moving laterally to gain control over systems that contain sensitive data. APEIRO now includes new Indicators of Pivot (IoP) technology that analyzes large volumes of inline traffic with intelligent correlation to detect, prevent and remediate the latest security threats in real-time.
“In our search for a cloud security solution, Park Holidays first tested a popular log-based analysis service, which we concluded was not a good match for our requirements because it required manual intervention and slowed the response to a potential breach,” said Michael Procyshyn, IT Director of Park Holidays. “We chose APEIRO from ShieldX because it checked off all of our requirements for a cloud security solution, including the highest level of protection, speed of deployment, fully automated blocking of suspicious activities, budget friendly and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant.”
ShieldX was founded in 2015 to reinvent security for the cloud computing age. APEIRO was purpose built to help IT teams combat the escalation of cyberattacks and better meet modern business demands for effective, highly scalable, economically attractive multi-cloud security solutions. Now VMware, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure users will be able to deploy uniform security policy and enforcement with deep packet inspection, advanced micro-segmentation, automation and coordination across any multi-cloud environment.
- APEIRO product overview: https://www.shieldx.com/product/
- MarketsandMarkets analysis of ShieldX within the “Microsegmentation Global Forecast to 2022” report: https://www.shieldx.com/marketsandmarkets-microseg-report/
- APEIRO innovation blog post: https://www.shieldx.com/2017/12/buzzword-assimilation-understanding-apeiro-innovation/